New Frontiers is the national entrepreneurial development programme for ambitious early-stage entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas which have the potential to scale and provide employment. It provides the skills, support, and confidence needed to make the leap to starting a successful business.
New Frontiers is designed for individuals who:
- Are early-stage entrepreneurs with little or no experience in starting a business
- May be in full-time employment but have the desire to start their own business
- Have an innovative business idea with export and employment potential
- Can show evidence of a commercial market for their proposed product/service
- Have experience, sectoral and/or technical knowledge in the area of their business idea
- Have the drive and ambition required to commit fully to building a successful start-up
See the eligibility section below for more details on eligibility.
How does New Frontiers benefit entrepreneurs?
- It offers regional access to applicants across 14 programmes and 16 locations.
- Open to business ideas from across all sectors including food & consumer products; information & communication technology; engineering & electronics; medical devices; biotechnology; pharma, digital media; cleantech/renewable energy; and eligible internationally-traded services
- Support package valued at €30,000 including a €15,000 tax-free stipend in Phase 2, subject to satisfactory performance – no equity is taken in your business
- Further support is available in Phase 3 to the value of €10,000+
- Personalised one-to-one mentoring offered by seasoned business mentors from the Enterprise Ireland Mentor network.
- Expert advice and guidance from an experienced programme team, business practitioners, investors and other entrepreneurs within the Institutes of Technology and Universities.
- Access to R&D facilities and specialist expertise from within the Institutes of Technology/Universities, including access to interns and graduates.
- Practitioner-led workshops in all areas of building a business.
- Regular milestone review meetings to monitor your progress.
- Free co-working space (during Phase 2 and 3).
- Support and guidance in the development of a strong business plan.