Dearbhla O’Dwyer is from Co. Kildare and a student in Law & Business at Maynooth University. She is currently an intern on Enterprise Ireland’s Work Experience Placement Programme, working as an Information Executive in the Market Research Centre in Dublin – an 11 month placement which is part of her university degree.
Dearbhla’s role in the Market Research Centre includes:
- Responding to research requests from EI clients by helping them to identify relevant information regarding market, company and country information.
- Assisting clients to efficiently access the content of the various databases when they visit the MRC and advise them of contract agreements with providers.
- Manning the MRC Client Help Desk by responding to, and logging, incoming phone calls and emails.
- Providing support to MRC staff on mini projects that arise in relation to the provision of MRC services to staff and clients.
- Providing support on general tasks within the department, such as assisting with the promotion of MRC services at key Enterprise Ireland events like International Markets Week.
I am thoroughly enjoying my experience working in the Market Research Centre. Due to the varied nature of our clients’ businesses, no two days are ever the same. My colleagues are very supportive and have really helped me to develop skills I already possessed – such as organisational and communication skills – as well as teaching me new ones like managing client expectations and effective research skills.
Dearbhla returns to university this September to complete her final year. She plans to go on to study International Business or Marketing Practice as a Masters in UCD.